Monday, November 28, 2011

Shopping as a sport


Ahhh, the madness of Black Friday is finally Over... and if you're like me you may have extended your shopping binge to the rest of the weekend and then blamed the unnecessary spending on the devil that was obviously disguised as the holiday sales... and then decided to also give in to Cyber Monday, oops... At least I can cross most of my Christmas gift list off.


Although Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year and calling it chaotic would be an under statement, I'm still a big fan of it. And yes I'm one of those people that start hitting the sales ridiculously early at 2am, but at least I'm not hardcore enough to camp out days before. Every year I get in an average of 3 shove/snatch contests or tug-of-wars, and I definitely think that Black Friday shopping should be considered a sport. But this year was surprisingly calm, and the damage to my wallet wasn't catastrophic like previous years. This is because I've gone handmade this year with most of my holiday gifts, which in most cases (in my opinion) is better...it shows more thought and personality.

Check out some of these handmade goods:
-The Velvet Throne Designs: gorgeous handmade feather earrings made by my cousin, Kathelyn 


-CLE Scarves: handmade infinity scarves made by yours truly :)


If you are interested in any of these designs feel free to contact me. Happy shopping days everyone! 

P.S. While we're on the topic of shopping check out my sister blog, The Long Weekenders for our shopping blog in jolly ol' England. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment