Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sweet November


I hate that it feels like this year we skipped Thanksgiving and went straight to Christmas. But regardless I'm still so thankful for everything that I have. For me Thanksgiving has always been about family, food, football, and then shopping after I've recovered from my food coma. I wanted to share an interesting conversation I had with my auntie the other day:

Tita: "Cyn, do you hike?"
Me: "I could…"
Tita: "Do you want hiking sticks?"
Me: "Sure…"
Tita: "What will you use it for?"
Me: "Everest!?!"
Tita: "Oh ok, good! Make sure you take someone with you and try to go all the way to the top and take pictures"
*hands me a pair of hiking sticks
I guess I'll have to conquer Everest now…=)

I'm so grateful for such an amazing, loving, and incredibly supportive family. No matter how insane my adventures are they have always been there to encourage me follow my dreams. I'm also thankful for my opportunity to travel like I do, my extended travel family, and for the unbelievably kind people I meet on the way that help made our "trips of a lifetime" even more unforgettable. 

Bring on the turkey! Have a great gobble day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment