Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Summer's last hurrah

I know what many of you are thinking…summer ended in August/September rolled…but In San Francisco, our summer is actually in fall. Our "Indian summer"  lasted until early November this year, and what better way to spend our last days of warmth than to go to the beach? To add icing to the cake, Rip Curl's Pro Search Surf contest was held in San Francisco's Ocean Beach this year. I love surfing and was ecstatic when I found out that there was actually going to be a competition close by. San Francisco isn't exactly known for their waves, and this contest was the first of its kind in the city in over a decade. The turn out was impressive, and although I didn't get to see my favorite surfer, Kelly Slater, I had a great time watching the other surfers compete. I could't think of a more amazing way to spend the last days of summer. 



Oh, and I'm sure you're wondering who won the contest, right? The winner was Gabriel Medina, an 18 year old phenom surfer from San Paolo, Brazil. 





With Brazilian surfer, Miguel Pupo

No comments:

Post a Comment