Tuesday, October 4, 2011

She flies with her wings

My fascination for flying is pretty apparent, so for one of my birthday "funtivities" I decided to take the pilot's seat of a 4-seater Cessna 172 Aircraft. I took my first flight lesson at California Airways in Hayward and got paired up with an awesome instructor named Jason. Because we were delayed (the person before me decided to take their time bringing the plane back, although I can't say that I blame him) he let me try their flight stimulator for no extra charge. I had my fun picking out different flight scenarios like flying at night, landing on naval ships, and performing airplane tricks.


It was a sunny, cloudless day in the Bay Area and an absolutely perfect day to fly over the Bay, Hayward, Oakland, Sausalito, and San Francisco. During our actual flight Jason taught me the controls, some pilot lingo, and the basics of how to fly a plane. My actual air time was clocked at 45 minutes. I did most of the flying myself and I loved every minute of it!


Not a surprise, I got hooked and added "becoming a pilot" to my already impossibly long bucketlist. California Airways also included a certificate and an Official Pilots logbook...now I'm only 39 flight hours away to becoming a licensed pilot. It was definitely a worth while experience and I'll for sure be back here for my next lesson. Anyone want to join me?!

Oakland A's home
Bird's eye view of San Francisco
Golden Gate Bridge
AT&T Park



No comments:

Post a Comment