Monday, April 2, 2012

Fashionably late


 

The snow has finally come (and so has this blog, apologies for the late entry)! Although it decided to wait until spring to finally get some fresh powder, it's definitely better late than never! After getting the news that a big snow fall was going to hit Tahoe, I packed up my snowboard and new GoPro sports camera and headed to South Lake Tahoe for the weekend. We rented a huge cabin at Aston Lakeland Village Beach & Mountain Resort and hit the slopes at the nearby Heavenly Ski Resort. It was my first time snowboarding there and won't be my last. Heavenly definitely lives up to its name, while on my snowboard runs I found myself getting completely sidetracked with the breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe. So much so that I ate snow after falling flat on my face, not one of my prouder moments but it happens. Thank goodness for fresh soft snow, and not the ice covered with a thin layer of fake snow that I've been skiing on in Wisconsin while living in Chicago. Tahoe is the place to be. 

Heavenly Ski Rsort
I just had to catch my breath, but the view wasn't tops shabby either


View from the gondola to Heavenly's slopes
on the second floor (out of 3) of our cabin at Lakeside
finally some powder





No comments:

Post a Comment