Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrift stores and picnics

I spent the past few days in Southern California, and instead of my usual boutique shopping LA weekend, I decided to try something different. So instead I went thrift store/discount shopping in Long Beach, which I actually liked better. Nothing's better than finding a great bargain, and that weekend it felt like I went on a treasure hunt and struck gold. 

My faves of the day:
Self proclaimed as "the world's most fabulous thrift store," this chain of thrift stores is owned by AIDS Healthcare Foundation and has everything from cheap clothes, to kitchenware, to books, to $15 snowboards, to random knick-knacks. I'm convinced that there's a good find for everyone.

This second hand shop emphasizes on current trends for less; you can buy, sell or trade new and (good condition) used clothes. They carry both men and women's clothing and accessories which are more fashionable than a regular thrift store. It's always something new when I go there since their inventory is constantly changing. It's a great place to find vintage wear, designer labels and one-of-a-kind finds for cheap.

Nothing in the store costs more than $15! And they have some very cute couture-like outfits with prices that will pleasantly surprise you.

If you love Rainbow Sandals like I do (I swear by them) and willing to take another hour drive or so, head to their outlet in San Clemente. Where their usual $50+ prices are slashed to $18-36. I was overwhelmed by their big selection on styles and colors, most of which I have trouble finding in stores.





And my favorite purchase of the weekend: picnic basket sets! Which led to multiple picnics on the beach for the next three days. The weather was warm, and had clear and sunny skies all day... perfect for a picnic day on the beach. Simple days like this just never gets old for me.

Picnic baskets $10 from Out of the Closet thrift store, travel magazines, also from OFTC for $0.25


sand in my toes, Rainbow flip flops from their outlet for $33

No comments:

Post a Comment